Friday, September 19, 2014

La La La Love You...Using Up Older Stash

Hello there and Happy Friday :)  Missy here.  The layout I'm sharing today features an older Glitz collection...Finnley.  I worked on going through some of my stash last month, and my Glitz lines were the target.  I made four pages using a few of my stashed away collections.  I made this one for one of the summer challenges over on our forums to use a HUGE title on a layout.  I chose this adorable cut file from The Cut Shoppe and blew it up really large.  It just seemed to be meant to work with the design of this layout, and I really love how it turned out.


I jazzed up this beautiful green background sheet with a stencil and modeling paste and a little watercolor.  I used black & grey to add a little bit of darkness here and there since there are black elements scattered around the page.  I doodled an outline around the title to make it pop a little more.


I used lots of stickers from the collection as well as some of the pocket cards, die cuts and giant rhinestones.  This line is actually a baby collection, but it reminds me of Christmas. I made a layout about neither, and it still works!  I think it's because of all the green in my photos.  I also added lots of stamping on my background.


Layers are so much fun to build.  I think my favorite part is building a layer cluster and tucking things in underneath.  I added pop dots to my photo...it just adds that little something extra to the page.


I hope this inspires you to use a really big title on a layout.  Don't be afraid to go bold!  It's really fun!

Thanks for stopping by today, and have a GREAT weekend!

Missy :)

11 comments :

  1. What awesome colors and details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many amazing things on this layout... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Love that ombre paper, and all the bright colors. Loving that great big title too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO great! Love how you make everything look fresh - love all the green and the huge title!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a beautiful job on your layout! I love the green...my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet layout. I like the doodled lines on the title.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how this turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Always love getting a close up of your backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this! Awesome big title! Just cute, cute, cute like all of your layouts!

    ReplyDelete