Saturday, April 5, 2014

One Lucky Mom

Hey there, friends!  Missy here.  

Don't forget about our Sketchathon going on right now over on our boards!  A brand new sketch designed by our DT members every day, and LOTS of fun!  Come join us :)

I wanted to share a layout that I made last month with you today.  I know it's a St. Patty's Day related page, but I wanted to show you how you can make a page with NO PATTERNED PAPER.  All I used was cardstock, washi tapes and watercolor.

Our theme last month was "rainbows," which I love.  I dove into my stash of tapes and pulled out one of every color, plus a cute rainbow one I have.  I made a thick border on the side with all the tapes.  Next, I used my Cameo to cut a large shamrock out of the cardstock.  I backed it with another piece of cardstock that I painted green.  I also outlined in with a gold pen.

Next, I used some watercolors next to the tapes to add a bit more color and interest.  The rest if just more tapes, embossed vellum hearts, thread and stamps.


Here you can see things better.  The hearts are from the new Elle's Studio Love You More collection.  I embossed them with gold embossing powder...LOVE how they turned out.  I also layered in some thread underneath the photo.  Instant dimension.


I got a little messy here....as you can see.  I used another heart stamp and did more embossing.  However, my glitter decided to also stick to other parts of the tape.  That's probably because I used some gesso over the tapes and it wasn't completely dry.  Oh well...it just gives it more shine, right? :D


More layers around my title.  I tucked in more tapes around the photo as well as more thread.


I hope this inspires you to go minimal on a layout every once in a while.  Challenge yourself to not use any patterned paper.  If you're like me, you have tons of tapes and other fun embellishments that really can fill up a page.  Give it a try!

Have a great day, and thanks for visiting us!

Missy :)

6 comments :

  1. No patterned paper?! This is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the washi....mine doesn't get to much love. Your layout is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Missy! This page is beautiful! Love all the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout Missy love all the embellishments.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is so pretty! I love how you used the washi!!

    ReplyDelete