Saturday, July 20, 2013

It's Okay to be Negative

Hey there, My Scraps fans!  Missy here with you today...and while I'm usually a positive person, today I'm being negative.  Well, when it comes to scrappin'...haha!  Today's page is one I created for our Got Talent III competition going on right now over on our boards.  You MUST come join us!

The challenge is to create a page using the NEGATIVE cuts from either a die-cut machine, a punch or a shape cut with scissors or a knife.  I cut out all these butterflies on my Cameo on white cardstock.  Then I placed it on top of another piece of white cardstock that I colored with gelatos.  I was going for a pink to orange ombre look...and it turned out really pretty, I think.  You can use different pieces of patterned paper instead if you'd like.


Since the picture is of my little Paige and her Great-Great-Grandmother, I wanted it to be a special page and very girly, so I went minimal on the patterned papers.  I used a piece from Crate Paper and a few other randoms from my stash.  I also used one of the die-cut butterflies here as an embellishment.  I painted it blue to match the light blue wash "sky" I painted on the top half of the layout.  I wanted some kind of contrasting color, and this light blue was perfect.


I also added in a few washi tape strips to add more pops of color.


You really should come join us over on our boards...lots of fun challenges going on all through the summer.  There are weekly prizes, grand prizes...prizes everywhere!  And the ladies over there are awesome...and lots of inspiration daily for you.

As always, check out our store HERE...lots of new things coming your way very soon!

Have a great day!

Missy :)

3 comments :