Thursday, August 23, 2012

Gift Time

Being a scrapper really helps a lot when it comes to gift time.  I don't make a lot of gifts for people but I do like to use my scrappy supplies to be able to make some things a little extra special.  My nephew just turned 16, and as many of you know once they hit a certain age the thing they are most happy to get as a gift is money.  I didn't want to just give him money for this milestone of a birthday so I decided I'd make it a little more fun.  Here is what I came up with.



I used a Kleenex box and covered it in white paper then used Authentique's Celebrate line and pictures of my nephew with his brothers and cousins to make a photo box for him.  I taped each end of the bills together so  as he pulls the tag the money will come out one bill at a time.



*****Tracy*****

4 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness! This is such a cute idea! Going to have to remember to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I'm filing this away in my brain for when my nephew is a bit older. He's 12 now and still has specific things on his wishlist, but I know the day is coming soon when he just wants cash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dgd just had her 14th birthday and one of her friends mom made one of these for her. She kept pulling out the ones (20 of them). All the kids thought it was the neatest thing. Great job on yours.

    ReplyDelete