Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Little Taste of Summer and A Recycled Flower

Good morning! Lisa here with you again. I don't know about you, but it gets to be this time of year, and I am ready for summer. Although the weather has been really mild so far this winter, I am still thinking (and dreaming) about wearing capris and flip flops. lol.
So, to go with the wishful summer theme, I decided to pull out my Echo Park Summers Day collection. I love the bright, fun colors of this line. Here is a layout I made using:
Clouds patterned paper
Icecream patterned paper
Scallops patterned paper
Rainbow patterned paper
Journaling cards
You can check out the entire Echo Park Summers Day line in the store HERE
I stamped the fairy images and used watercolor pencils to color them and added Stickles.
I also made my flower. It is made out of a recycled dryer sheet. All you do is cut 3 circles, each one a little smaller than the first, add color with a mist: http://shop.myscrapsandmore.com/October-Afternoon-Colormists_c103.htm,
let dry, add Stickles around the edges of the circles. Let dry. Stack them from biggest to smallest and hold the three layers together with a brad or button. I squish mine up a little to give it more dimension.
Hope you enjoyed my little bit of warm weather and sunshine today:)

3 comments :

  1. Lisa...love your page and how you made that flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great LO Lisa!!!! LOVE the flower!!! adorable page

      Delete
  2. Cute layout Lisa! Great idea on the flower!

    ReplyDelete